Thursday, November 10, 2011

original image 
processed image 

artificial light 1
artificial light 2
 For this week's exercise I chose to use the picture of a feather very closely zoomed in and for my second picture I used an image of a canyon. After processing the picture of the feather in photoshop by desaturating and filtering the picture, I used that picture as a base for my Form Z model and after chose to use this model as the base for all my views. I modeled the image by first using the displacement tool and that topographically mapped the image based upon the grayscale that I had used to process the image. From there I isolated the three base forms that had made up the feather and recreated them in FormZ to highlight them within the model. I did this by making their material different than the surrounding displacement map and by making them reflective and raised above everything else. I then used the diagonal spine of the feather to center both views around and from there I began using different lighting techniques. For the parallel lighting I had 2 sources with only one casting shadows, though they were shining from perpendicular directions. For the Artificial Light I had 3 point lights in the model, two of which were casting shadows, creating a nice overlap of shadows and depth. For the hybrid images I had the same distant lights on as in the parallel images but I turned only 2 point lights on and
hybrid 1
 had both casting shadows. The progression of depth seen from beginning to end in the light and shadows was quite compelling for me.  I have included a hidden line rendering so that the entire model is visible after all of the images

hybrid 2

distant 1

distant 2
hidden line axon

No comments:

Post a Comment