Tuesday, October 4, 2011

For my composition, I chose to take the perspective view from a point that would best show the added layers that I had constructed onto the 3D projection from last exercise. I also chose to make the tower transparent so that you could still see the pattern behind it to some degree. From that point I chose to put in the wireframe top view of the complete starting pattern with color in order to identify the origin. Next I took the elements of the 2D form and brok them down across the page. I started with the t and then showed how it got the the full pattern, and the two alternative patterns that the final pattern had inside of it. I then decided the overlap 2 layers of the a transformation and make them of differing transparencies so that they would stand apart from one another. I made the starting a completely opaque so that the origin of the pattern would be clear. I then flanked that portion of the pattern with halves of the complete interior pattern which is actually 4 of the original pattern rotated about itself. The composition feels balanced to me and although I would have liked to have a gradient background of some sort or even a muted color to give it more depth, the masking on the formZ images made that very difficult to do because it showed up clearly when the background was changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment